The colors in this cocktail remind me of some of the glorious and vibrant sunsets we have here in Texas. Around the High Plains, we don’t have the privilege of enjoying hills or woods, but we definitely get to enjoy the wide open spaces that reveal gorgeous sunsets! This is the perfect sipper for a lovely evening. Sometimes you see the perfect separation of colors in a gorgeous sunset here in Texas. That’s what I was going for with this cocktail!
- 4 ounces Grapefruit Juice
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 4 ounces red wine (Burklee Hill Vineyards GSM)
- Grapefruit slices for garnish
- Pour grapefruit juice and vodka in shaker with ice
- Shake for 30 seconds and pour into glass
- Hold spoon upside down over vodka mix close to the cocktail
- Slowly pour red wine to maintain separation
I’m going to have to keep practicing this one to see how well I could get the separation. I suppose I will just have to keep sipping!
Cheers – E