It always amazes me how quickly I am ready for something fresh and new after Christmas! It’s like one day I’m in festive mulled wine heaven and the next I want a sipper like this Grapefruit Rosé Cocktail! It’s beautiful, bright and cheerful. The Burklee Hill Vineyards Dry Rosé is my go-to favorite wine right now and the color of this cocktail with the grapefruit addition is just gorgeous! Add a sugared rim and it’s absolutely delightful on your palate as well.
Fortunate for me, I just discovered Nou Living and their elegant Cocktail Creator Kit. It’s sleek and sophisticated, with the gun metal black finish offering something different than your standard cocktail tools. I tried it out while making this Grapefruit Rosé Cocktail and it functioned as well as it looks!
Ingredients (makes 3-4 glasses depending on size)
- 6 ounces Grapefruit juice (3 parts)
- Whole grapefruit for garnishing
- 6 ounces Burklee Hill Vineyards Rosé (3 parts)
- 2 ounces Vodka (1 part)
- 1/4 cup sugar for rim
- Pour sugar on plate wide enough for rim of glass
- Cut grapefruit into wedges and slices; squeeze grapefruit wedge around rim of glass
- Immediately dip glass in sugar and set to dry
- Fill shaker half full of ice
- Pour grapefruit juice, rosé and vodka into shaker with ice
- Shake for 20-30 seconds
- Pour cocktail mixture into glasses
- Garnish with grapefruit slice
Raise a toast and enjoy! You can always increase the vodka if you prefer a bit more of a kick. It’s the perfect balance of tart and sweet (with the sugared rim) and will make your guests see you as a master bartender once they eye your tools! The Nou Living Cocktail Creator Set is quite impressive and comes with tips and tricks, as well as a sturdy storage box when you don’t have it out on display. I can’t wait to try using it for my next cocktail creation.
Cheers – E