It snowed about 8 inches in our part of Texas today. We actually had to reschedule winery events and had the chance to relax at home for once! It was so nice! I had been wanting to adapt our honey goat cheese spread for a crostini recipe and created these Honey Goat Cheese Crostinis! They were super quick, easy and delicious, paired with a glass of a big, bold red wine, like Tempranillo.
- Baguette, sliced
- Honey Goat Cheese Spread (go to recipe in Blanco Flatbread)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spread honey goat cheese spread on baguette slices
- Place slices on sheet pan
- Leave in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
- Sprinkle and press chopped pistachios into goat cheese spread
- Drizzle honey over crostinis
The addition of nuts gives these crostinis such a nice crunch. You can even try this recipe with other chopped nuts, like walnuts or pecans. I enjoy the pistachios to add interest with their great color and crunch to the melty goat cheese. And, the beautiful thing about goat cheese is that it pairs so well with substantial wines, whether white or red. Fortunately, goat cheese is a versatile wine-pairing cheese and the honey softens its pungent flavor. I love pairing goat cheese with a bold, heavy bodied wine, like the Burklee Hill Tempranillo, but it would pair nicely with a Viognier or an oaked white blend, like the Courtney (Viognier/Marsanne blend).
Cheers – E