This tropical sangria is a must for a hot day in Texas, or anywhere steamy for that matter. But, this recipe transports you to a tropical paradise, even if you never leave your own backyard. I brought back in local favorite, Pinkerton’s Distillery, for this one. I previously used Pinkerton’s for my Strawberry Rose’ Mojito.
- 6 cups pineapple juice (one large 46 oz. can)
- 1 bottle Burklee Hill Vineyards Banna Sue (or your favorite white wine)
- 2 cups Pinkerton’s Coconut Rum
- 1 cup club soda
- Sliced pineapples, strawberries, or your choice of fresh fruit
- Chill all ingredients for 2 hours
- Slice fruit and place in bottom of large drink dispenser
- Pour over liquid ingredients and mix well
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
Serves a crowd! Let me know any twists you come up with for your tropical sangria! I served this for our 4th of July celebration and it was perfect with grilled meats.
Cheers – E