With backyard cookout season underway, a fresh new way to enjoy a mojito provides the perfect new sipper for your guests. For this twist on the classic recipe, I called on both local wine, as well as local rum by Pinkerton’s Distillery, to craft this cocktail. I also tried a healthy twist by substituting Agave for the typical sugar or simple syrup. You can keep that classic sugar flavor in if that’s what you prefer!
- 1 cup mint
- 1 lime, sliced
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup Agave or 1 cup simple syrup (1/2 cup sugar boiled with 1/2 cup water)
- 1 bottle Burklee Hill Vineyards Rosé (chilled)
- 1 cup Pinkerton’s Premium Rum (chilled)
- 3 cups soda water
Note: the sugar levels are a personal preference and some Mojito drinkers prefer the texture of natural sugar mixed in the Mojito! Try different options to decide!
- Place mint, 1/2 lime, and Agave (or sugar) in pitcher
- Mash or “muddle” the mint and lime
- Pour and stir in rum
- Pour and stir in wine
- Pour and stir in soda water
- Stir in sliced strawberries
- Pour over ice in individual glasses, with garnishes of mint, lime and strawberries
Let me know what you think and any fun Mojito recipes that you find to try!
Cheers! – E