This brunch (even dinner) dish is sure to please the entire family! We added a bit of prosciutto that we had left over from a charcuterie tray as well for even more flavor! Although this recipe does require some stove preparation, it’s still pretty easy and fail-proof! I mean, anything that has bacon and Gouda is sure to wow your guests!
- 9 eggs
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 strips prosciutto (optional)
- 1 cup Gouda, shredded or diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cream (milk may be substituted)
- 1/2 close garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté onion and bacon over medium heat until slightly done
- Add spinach, garlic and mushrooms and saute all ingredients in pan until tender
- In large mixing bowl, scramble eggs and cream (or milk)
- Add salt & pepper (we used about 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper) and mix well
- Add all other ingredients and blend
- Pour into frittata pan or skillet and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes
- Option: If you’re using a skillet, transfer to a broiler for the last 5 minutes.
I found this Hearth & Hand frittata pan at Target for less than $20! It is a lovely addition to the brunch table. Don’t forget your favorite mimosa or rosé to compliment your dish!
Cheers – E