This may be this easiest recipe we will ever share! Baked brie with red wine soaked blackberries is equal parts easy and impressive. Brie is a soft, pleasant cheese that pairs extremely well with fruit. Add a little wine and the pairing is superb!
- 8 oz. soft ripened Brie round
- 1 cup of your favorite red wine (I used Merlot, but any red wine would work!)
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Place blackberries in large bowl and pour Merlot over blackberries, soak for 30 minutes
- Place brie on sheet pan and loosely cover with foil or parchment paper
- Bake brie for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees until it starts to ooze
- Place brie on serving dish and spoon over blackberries
- Serve with crackers, toast or bread of choice!
Note: I cut off the rind on the top and it gave it a bit of a toasted effect. Leaving the rind on allows the brie to hold in moisture. I’ve tried it both ways and enjoy either option. For this recipe, I believe that leaving the rind on would allow the brie to spread most easily.
Cheers – E